Wednesday 29 February 2012

Birthday!


Friday 17 February 2012

Well, I finally made it.  Fifty years old, and still acting seventeen (okay, a slightly creaky seventeen, and only for a short time, ‘cos I like to put my feet up  with a cup of tea after a while).   
This sunset greeted us as we stepped out on the decking ready to party.



Here I am, overjoyed at finding out I’d been given some liquorice as a pressie!


The boys had agreed to play, and George yet again lent us a venue.  We had a wonderful party, with music, cheap chicken curry and a multinational karaoke – Rob did some crooning, the Dutch did a funny scooter song (you had to be there!) Marie-Do sang ‘Je t’aime, and Mad Robbie sang ‘I will always love you’ as a touching tribute to Whitney Houston that brought tears to our eyes ...
 





I rounded up the night by sticking confetti hearts to everyone’s faces



We then repaired to Biblos where Rob continued the entertainment and we all danced our socks off.   Thank you very much to everyone who sent nice messages (George, Richie - when reminded!, Jono, Nick and everyone on Facebook), cards (Mum & Dad) and even a pressie (Janette, Clive, Jane, Amanda, Rob, Alan – hugs and kisses to you all xxx)

Dave took it easy next day

No comments:

Post a Comment