Wednesday 29 February 2012

And my Painting Week


Monday to Friday 20-24 February 2012

My fabulous birthday present from Dave was to do a five morning drawing course the week after my birthday.  (Which is why this blog has been a little neglected) .  An excellent, wacky, inspirational teacher, Mary Gulland,  ( http://www.marygulland.co.uk ) currently living in Corfu, was in Nidri and offered this course.  Three of us did it: me, Amanda and Jessica Spiros’ wife from Mamma Mia.  Mamma Mia was the venue as well, which gave us a great space to work in.

We started off learning to trust our eye, drawing without looking at our hands, and moved quickly onto figure drawing, then using ink, conte, and watercolours.   We all loved it, and have decided to continue meeting every Tuesday morning for encouragement and inspiration from each other.








I’ll put some other photos on a new Page to be called My Drawings – only for real gluttons for punishment (and me Mum)

No comments:

Post a Comment