Friday 30 December 2011

Potato Printing


Saturday 3 December 2011


We found ourselves sitting in the sun outside the Elite cafe on the sea front.  Maybe 6 -8 of us.  I had planned to spend the day making Christmas cards, but couldn’t drag myself away.  So I went to Sue’s shop for some kid’s paints and paper, and the grocer’s for a potato and borrowed Dave’s Leatherman to cut a simple shape in the potato.  Much to everyone’s amusement I played around with design ideas for a few hours in the sun.

The finished card, a very limited edition (the potato shrivelled up).  Apologies to everyone who didn’t get one.  My Dad’s comment was  ‘very English’.  Will try for olive leaves next year.


While there, a Greek fisherman caught an octopus.  A huge octopus.  He was happy, the octopus wasn’t.  Very sad for the octopus.  Poor unfortunate creatures: apparently sensitive and intelligent - and delicious.





Mad Robbie was amongst us, and I can’t remember how this came up, but he demonstrated his hammer, which had broken its shaft.  He had repaired it with this stick – wouldn’t like to be holding the nail when he was aiming with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment