Sunday 28 October 2012

Winter prep



Friday 26 October 2012


Amazing photo appeared on my camera.  Talk about a lucky shot.  Still, looks like the rainy season is settling in, so we’ve been taking precautions.  Finally I have a nearly full load of logs in my little woodstore.  I’d feel happier if we had at least three times as much ready and dry, but I’ll have to make more woodstores to do that.


And I decided to try to protect more of the decking this winter.  It’s not easy to keep anything dry, but a polythene wall will help to stop rain driving in under the awning from the south.  I think it’s a success, because I’ve found both the cats and the chickens checking out the new sheltered corner.



Sunday 28 October is 'Oxi Day' - celebrating Greece's entry into the second world war when the prime minister said 'Oxi' - NO! to Mussolini's request to station troops on Greek soil.  We're in Cafe di Paris, keeping an eye on the weather which is blowing a bit, and the flags are out and the school children are parading.


No comments:

Post a Comment