Friday 27 March 2020

Official Notice

12 March 2020

We have, of course, known about the virus for many weeks, but without official guidance on how to behave.  Then on the night of  Weds 11 March my phone made the most awful screeching noise for about 30 seconds, and an emergency text appeared.


On Friday night I went out to a Sushi night with the art group girls, slightly against my better judgement, and while there, we heard that as of the next morning, all cafes and restaurants in Greece would be closed.  

As I have parcels delivered to the Elite Cafe in Nidri, by couriers, who mostly don't bother to let me know, we were very lucky, the following morning to catch Adonis, one of the owner brothers, just about to lock up for the foreseeable future.  We found two parcels for me, including our delivery of six jars of Miso soup - vital supplies for a pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment