Saturday 28 March 2020

Dun gravellin'

25 March 2020

When we moved a piece of black plastic that we had been using to protect the paving while moving earth into the heart bed, a little whip snake flickered out and shot under one of the pavers.  So we delayed any more gravelling until the next day when we hoped it would have made its way to somewhere safer.

 Dave on one of the barrow-runs, leaving little deposits for me to sweep into the cracks.

 Finished at last!  A lovely level sweep of pavement under the washing line.  I've been waiting a long time for this.  Maybe I'll do some washing tomorrow.

 A nice edge along the top of the bank where I installed what I hope will be a flourishing aloe vera bed.  The aloes are finding it a bit chilly at the moment, and not looking well. 
 In the background is a series of giant-ish steps that I put in with left-over stones to stabilise the last remaining bit of the bank.  It definitely looks better like this, and allows us to use more of the washing line than before, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment