Saturday 27 June 2020

Clearing the track

19 June 2020

When we drive down the track there is a screeching of thistle spines along the sides of the car, which makes us both cringe.  So early Friday morning we took a wheelbarrow of tools down to the worst bit, and started clearing.

 I was trying to get a shot of me with the hedge-trimmer, but my arms weren't long enough.  Dave was too hot and bothered to take a photo for me!

 Dave's turn with the hedge trimmer

Nearly all done, ridges pickaxed, ruts filled with stones, trees and thistles trimmed, just a couple of barrow-loads of sand and gravel to bring down to fill the ruts up smooth and we're done.

We were sitting having tea and I decided to check what the lilac flowers were.  Google lens identified them as field scabious (one of the nastiest names for a nice flower) and said they were good for butterflies.  A swallowtail immediately landed on one to prove the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment