Tuesday 28 April 2020

Woodchip paths

27 April 2020

While writing up this blog, I realised I didn't have a record of all Dave's hard work last week making woodchip to cover the cardboard paths between the vegetable beds.  I was too exhausted by my tree-clearing digging to walk around with a camera!  So here is the update

 On my travels, I see that we have nasturtium flowers coming along the top of the dry-stone bank.  Hope those plants get trailing down the slope soon.

 The widest path, which joins the steps at the front door to the moringa beds in the south.

 The beds, growing well, showing woodchip paths for access.

 The pea-bed, with peas coming

 Meanwhile, we have planted out some more seeds, which have mostly sprouted.

 This is one of the Moringa trees in the hugel bed which seems to have adapted to its new location.  While I was photographing it the cat came and sat down in shot - and she is not supposed to go on the beds.

 This is an experiment - when we cut one of the Moringa trees down to try overwintering it in a polythene cover, we stuck the cut piece of trunk into a pot of earth.  It didn't do much in the solarium, and has no roots, but this happened when we moved it to the hugel bed.

 Almost overrun by clover - another Moringa starting to sprout.

 The rose bush is fabulous!

Dave watching the watering work

No comments:

Post a Comment