Friday 29 August 2014

Sleepy but musical August

13 - 22 August 2014

Well, I have absolutely nothing to report for these 10 days.  I think I spent most of it asleep due to my various medications.  It was swelteringly hot, temperatures in the 40s in the sun, so we just stayed inside and read books.

We have started taking singing lessons with Rosa, who studied a music degree and runs various choirs out here.  I can't handle choir singing - too insecure, but she is willing to come to the house and struggle to teach me (and Dave when he's here) how to hit some notes.  It is great fun.

Time for the youngsters who are off to study in other countries to leave.  Ciara who has been singing with Steamboat Rooster is leaving for the UK to study performing arts.  We'll miss her.  There was a tearful leaving night at the Tree Bar, and Ciara and her sisters all sang together.




 Meanwhile, in the UK, Richie was leaving to do an exchange year in California, lucky dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment