Friday 29 August 2014

More troubles

Early August 2014

Just at the end of July/early August I found a couple of bites on my right calf had become very swollen and hot - the skin felt so stretched it was uncomfortable to put weight on that leg.  The doctor said it was infected, and gave me antibiotics and other medications.  I was already taking muscle relaxants and painkillers for the tennis elbow, and definitely feeling sorry for myself.

Then on Sunday 10th, Dave had just come back after another week's skippering, and we returned after a day at Nisos to find that the chicken had disappeared.  She had just started laying eggs again, we'd treated her for worms and she'd perked up hugely and was producing an egg four days out of five.  We miss her, she was a character (if a nuisance) and hope she went quick.


 Notso (stupid)'s final legacy

Glass in the kitchen window - how smart is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment