Friday 27 January 2017

At the boatshow

9 Jan 2017

Dave had never been to the boatshow, and we had to be in London to renew my passport, so we went to wander around in search of wet weather gear, and to see the gang at Nisos.


Spotted this at the show - must have one in the garden - will have to build our own, which will probably be significantly more rustic!

We visited the show on the same day as a tube strike, which wasn't a problem for us, as we were on the DLR, and the show was very quiet as a result, but when we left, I was travelling from Canary Wharf to town to meet Richie and Jim for a meal, and the queues for the river boat were horrendous.  No-one would sell me a ticket, they'd obviously been made free for the day, and everyone was counted in to the maximum.  Amazingly, I was the last person in line to go through when it came to our turn.  That never happens: they always stop after the person just in front.  I also had to get out one stop early, and then make my way through unfamiliar territory in the rain and heaving crowds along the riverside, which went inland to go round Southwark Cathedral.  All in all, an interesting experience that reinforced my preference for living in a field on a Greek island.

No comments:

Post a Comment