Monday 28 December 2015

Using up wood

28 November 2015

I can only plaster for about 3 days before my skin dries out and my arms fall off, and I can't haul myself up the scaffolding anymore, so we took a break and did some woodwork inside.  We have a lot of wood in the living room, that has to be cleared before Christmas, as we are going to have dinner here - in the living room, so the wood has to be put to work.

 Offcuts of the 20mm ply that we use for the window boxes came together to make this nifty little cupboard to extend the kitchen storage.

 And I started lathing the living room sections.  The inner side of the bales has been plastered, but the wall looks better if it is brought forward flush with the inside of the wood frame.  A big job, but one that can be tackled in small bites. 

Dave, meanwhile, was up the ladder, stuffing with pillows and fitting ceiling boards in the rafter spaces where we ran out of straw.  Although we now have two more bales, we decided to continue with the plan of pillow insulating here, and keep the bales in case we need them for the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment