Saturday 12 January 2013

Police Raid

Saturday 5 Jan 2013

Bit of a shocker, Dave was sanding (of course) and I was getting some washing done, when a uniformed police officer strolled up the hill and asked about our permit.  Actually, we've never seen our permit, but Constantine assures us it's all legal.  I do know that we are supposed to have a sign up at the entrance to the land with the permit number on it.  I'd asked Constantine some time ago if I should do this, but he said, wait until they ask.  So, beware of Greeks asking questions.

The officer was very pleasant, took some details, but wouldn't ring Constantine.  I called him, but got no answer until the officer had left.  It turns out that the permit has been registered at Vlicho police station since July.  Constantine was sure the officer was probably sent by a nosy neighbour just to check we were legal.  Anyway, we left it up to him to sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment