Friday 30 November 2018

Pigmenting the bathroom

5 - 9 November 2018

Back to work, and the first coat of limewash goes on the new plaster in the bathroom.   

 Two coats of white, and then I wanted to try an area with mineral pigment in the lime.

 So I unearthed my box of sample pigments, and tried mixing some blue-greens ...

 ... using the limecrete floor as the best area to experiment on.

 The initial results were a little startling - not quite what I expected!

 I also mixed up some pinks to try another area which would pick up the tiny amounts of pink in the curtains.

 Which rather cluttered the floor with pigment pots.

Several days later, the turquoise walls had dried to this very pleasing soft aqua colour (which clashed horribly with the green plasterboard around the bath - but that will disappear under the tiles).

No comments:

Post a Comment