Wednesday 30 July 2014

July week 3

13-20 July 2014

Dave away again for another week of skippering, and I've been to see the doctor to find I have tennis elbow and risk it becoming chronic unless I stop using it for any lifting or working, take muscle-relaxants and wear an elbow brace.  So a very lazy week ahead of me. 

 
This is our little terrace outside the kitchen door.  Just room for two comfy chairs, coffee table and footstool.  It faces due east with a sea view and the sun goes round the side of the house about 1.30, so a nice place for an afternoon or evening lounge.  We've given in to our urge to grow things and set up several pots of cherry tomatoes with parsley.  The chicken likes the tomato leaves (not keen on parsley - wonder if foreboding?) so they're all wrapped in mesh and other defences.

 Not able to do anything with my arm but read, draw and sew.  So I finally got round to covering this split cushion with some old Bavaria yacht cushion fabric passed on from Nisos.  Now it is the smartest one we have.

 And a bit of charcoal and pastel drawing with the art girls - this is a self portrait of me (obviously) at least 20 years ago (if ever!)

Sunday, back at work, and picking Dave up after his week of skippering - with essential requirements: guitar and fishing rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment