Wednesday 30 July 2014

July week 1

2 - 6 July 2014

Dave away skippering, so I pottered around trying to fix up things in the kitchen. 

 This is me having a go at a bit of joinery - making a tea caddy and mug hanging shelf unit.  Some tricky jigsawing, but otherwise lots of fun.  Unfortunately my lath-fixing elbow started playing up, so I didn't finish jigsawing out all the shelves.

 When we were at the tile shop I asked the stockman for any broken pieces of tile for mosaicing and he was more than willing to help, offloading all the junk tiles he could.  These lovely yellow ones and the little blue ones will make a nice mixed tile worktop by the side of the cooker, protecting the plywood from hot pans.  Can't do it yet, though, as I need a rim to be cut and sanded and fixed, which my elbow shouldn't do.

 Midway through the week, the little crysalis that had appeared overnight on our new paintwork opened up - but I think it may have attached itself prematurely as the poor butterfly couldn't open its final wing properly.  It fluttered round the windowsill for a day and a half refusing sugar-water drops until I decided to put it outside to take its chances.

Last piece of plasterboard installed behind the cooker.  Decided to infill the top area but leave the lower diagonal open as a workspace/shelf.  Eventually there will be a breakfast bar/worksurface on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment