Monday 29 April 2013

Building Site Furniture

Saturday 6 April 2013

While Dave was experimenting with earth plaster, I decided we needed some essential items of furniture which could be knocked together out of our piles of left-over wood.  First off, I started making a robust work bench.  Dave was ripping laths out of roof planks, and I wanted him to have a solid work surface while using the circular saw.  Once he'd registered what I was doing, he came to help - luckily - as the bench rapidly got too heavy for me to manage on my own.

Three bits of rafter for the top, various bits of batten, and mezzanine joists for legs.
We had ordered the orange cordless drill by post, and it is good as a hobby drill, but the battery goes flat every 32 screws, and needs a couple of hours to recharge, which was driving me crazy.  Then some friends who are emigrating to New Zealand sold me the big green drill for a fraction of it's value - at just the right moment.
 Dave enrolled in the effort.
 Testing the bench for strength!
All finished, with a handy shelf along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment