Tuesday 30 July 2019

Clothing Challenge

July 2019

I have read so much recently about 'fast fashion' being the second most polluting industry in the world, after oil, that I have decided to do something about my part in it.  I had already, for some years, been trying to buy only from ethical clothing suppliers.  However, I have too much clothing.  I have clothes that I've never worn because they are unsuitable for a building site.  It's time to start wearing everything I've got.  And now the sewing machine is set up on its own little table, I can make and mend as well.  So, the challenge is - no new ready-made clothing to be bought for 12 months from 1 July 2019.

My first reaction to this has been to switch the focus to Dave, but he's now stocked up with enough new ethical t-shirts to keep him going for a while.

Dave in a new bamboo t-shirt with local artisan hand-crafted fish pendant.  He doesn't like being dressed up, but tolerated it on this occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment