Friday 30 January 2015

The Skip

11 January 2015

There was no help for it - we had to get rid of all our accumulated rubbish, and as skips have now arrived on Lefkada we thought we'd attempt to get one. 

I rang up and managed to arrange a delivery on Saturday 10th.  We waited in, manning the phone, but had no word, so after lunch I called to find out the problem.  I was told that the skip had been in Paleokatuna at 10 o'clock, why hadn't I been there?  I explained I'd never said I lived in the village, and why hadn't they rung?  Anyway, we rearranged for Sunday morning (obviously skips aren't covered by don't-work-Sunday rules).  I met the lorry at the bypass, and led them up the hill, but when I tried to send them across the field rather than round the corner of doom, they reversed the lorry trying to drop the skip at the neighbours' villa.  Which wouldn't have made us popular.  I managed to persuade them to keep the skip on the lorry and follow me down our eroding track.  Not happy!  Anyway, eventually it arrived at ours, and was dropped outside the shed.  Now we just have to fill it.

 Dave contemplating the job ahead of us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment