Thursday 28 June 2012

Cash for Concrete

Weds 27 June 2012

Got a call from the Architect and the Accountant.  So I left my Ivory Tower, actually more of a Sweaty Hut, and met Constantine by the roadside in Periyiali to hand over the final instalment of the foundation money.  Constantine reckons they'll be here on Friday to start putting down the metal and then pouring the concrete.  I'm not holding my breath.

I went on for a swim at the lovely beach north of Periyiali.  Jessica says its called Passa beach, named for the Turkish Pasha (Greek doesn't have a shh sound) for whom it was a favourite when the Turks were in charge.

Then to the accountant to sign off my tax return as a landowner.  No tax yet - but I am holding my breath!

We bought the land on 30 June 2010, so if the concrete is poured on Saturday it will be quite an anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment